There is very high chance that you will find only a handful of Ford Expeditions and Hummer on the urban roads of Boston, San Francisco, or say London. And that’s because they are quite smooth to drive but will give you a pain to park and it gets more difficult to tackle them around potholes, pedestrians and bicyclist. Living in big cities is not that easy as you will find it difficult to get into a public transit and having a car can be troublesome too. With rising fuel prices, people are looking for more and more compact cars, which are easy to drive and park as well. A recent survey reveals that about 6.4 percent of Americans are looking forward to buy compact cars. Let’s check out which compact cars are most suited for the urban roads.
- Mini cooper topped the list and chosen as the best compact car for driving in urban roads. Mini cooper is only 12 feet long and absolutely perfect for fitting inside tiny parking spaces. With cooper you can easily make tight turns and get pass the delivery truck which blocks the road. It has rear sensors and excellent brakes which serve quite handy with cities unpredictable traffic. Mini cooper is a complete four people urban family vehicle.
- From Ford you can check out the Ford Fiesta Hatchback which comes with manual transmission and light clutch, which is perfect for city driving. The car has 30 mpg city mileage which gives an idea that you won’t be visiting gas stations frequently. The car gives accommodation to five people and is 160 inches long.
- The newly launched eco friendly car, Nissan Leaf comes with a fantastic electronic engine, which can easily travel 100 miles in just one charge. The small car works best on the roads and the battery is long lasting. It is about 170 inches long and is very reliable while driving through heavy or unusual traffic.
- The next into the compact cars list is Mazda 3, which is the best when it comes to accident avoidance and fuel efficiency. It is one of the comfortable vehicles with good road handling, dual front airbags with weight sensors and good brakes quality making it perfectly tailored for urban roads.
- AudiA3 moves quite well in tight spaces and can be handled well even in heavy road traffic. The car is fully loaded with safety features that will not only prevent accidents but save you in a crash.
- Honda Civic is one other wise choice for urban roads as it also comes with features like smooth handling and fuel efficiency. While driving you can easily make sudden lane change without losing control and is loaded with safety features life airbags, parking sensors and much more.