Are you bored with the look of your old car and planning to invest a fortune on buying a new car? You should think again, as spending a fortune on a car in this financial downturn can lead to a financial loss. Then what is the solution? How is it possible to give a new look to your car without burning a hole in your pocket?
Everything is possible as you can give a new look to an old car by following few simple tricks. You can take help of a professional to change the look of your old car. But if you have a limited budget, you can also give a new look to your car like the pros without splurging much on it.
We will discuss some smart ideas to give a new look to your old car, thereby customizing the look and design of the car. Here are some useful tips to transform your old car with these tips:
- Clean your car: You need to start with washing the car with a car shampoo available in the market. You can clean the car on your own or you can take it to a small independent garage for a spick and span car cleaning. Most of the garages are done with a quick wash, so you need to ensure that the mechanic gives extra attention to the areas like engine bay and underbody while cleaning. Take out the seat covers and clean underneaththe seats with a vacuum cleaner. It can help to remove the smallest dirt particles from the car seat with ease.This will help you give a new look to an old car as well as uncover its hidden damages or problems.
- Paint the car: Painting your car may not be a tough job but you can take professional guidance to complete the task. If you are doing it on your own, then start with the help of a dry sand paper. Try to sand away the coating of the car to get a smooth and even finishing surface of the car. Once you are done with the sanding, use a clean rag to wipe away the leftover particles from the surface. Once you clean up the car, put a primer coating with the help of a spray gun. Let the primer dry, and then mix the paint with the thinner in the ratio mentioned in the instruction on the manual and start painting the car. You can successfully complete the task with methodical approach and patience.
- Fix the issues in the dashboard: Over time, the dashboard plastic of your car may fade away. However, you can bring back the shine and make it new as before by polishing it with dashboard waxes and silicone polishes. You can get a funky steering wheel cover as it is a good investment if your car’s steering wheel looks old and dull. So, plan the interior designs for an old car instead of buying a new car.
- Get new seat covers: Get new seat covers stitched contrasting with the body of the car. You can use bright colors for the covers as the color will not fade away quickly. You can buy seat covers with printed patterns or geometrical shapes or bright color fabric for your car. This is how you transform your old car with these tips on the seat covers.
- Get a new rear-view camera: This rear-view camera is a must have on the listwhen you are revamping your old car. It is a safety equipment and most of the new cars have a rear-view camera. Investing on this gadget will be good and you can install the gadget in the car on your own.
- Install a parking sensor: The driver can understand the stress of parking the car in a crowded parking area of a mall. Therefore, an affordable parking sensor can be of real help to your old car. You do not have to worry when you have a parking sensor while reversing the car.
- Replace the headlamp lenses: Headlamps lenses usually become dull over time, you need to replace them if the lamps are not working. In case the lamps have become dull, you can use toothpaste to polish the headlamps to make them as bright as new lamps.
By following the above-mentioned tips when you are planning to change the interior designs for an old car for a new look.