The ultimate aim of advertising is to get the right message to the right person at the right time. However, the biggest problem with this is that people don’t like or even trust ads. From experience, people know that advertisers are just trying to sell them something.
Unfortunately for advertisers, trying to communicate the benefits of their products or services; and getting potential customers to take interest in them while also convincing these customers to trust the advertiser is the necessary formula for making a sale. The only way for advertisers to change the views of potential customers is to engage more with them and use new and different methods to communicate with them. This article will look at how you can use Facebook video ads to do just that, engage more you’re your potential customers in your local market.
People like to spend their time on Facebook watching videos on topics that interest them. They want to spend their time viewing content that makes their lives easier or that provides some sort of value to their lives. With that being said, in order to make your Facebook campaign successful, you need to create content that interests people and that offers some kind of value to their lives.
Your content should help build trust amongst your potential consumers, so it needs to mean something.
To help build the most effective content strategy possible, it is worth starting off by asking yourself these three important questions:
- What are the most common questions that people ask you?
- What problems are these people experiencing?
- What phrases are they possibly searching for on search engines when looking for an answer?
Think about these questions carefully and then come up with as many answers as you can to these questions and then develop short videos that provide answers to these questions. Use the question you are answering as the video title so that the viewer will know straight away what they can expect from the video.
It isn’t necessary to hire professionals to record these videos for you, you can just use the recording features on your smartphone. The recording features available on smartphones these days will do the job sufficiently. Post these short videos to Facebook as a means of helping viewers solve their problems. In turn it could help you generate more leads and sales for your business.
Promote your high performing content
When creating and sharing videos on Facebook, you obviously want the right people to see them. Facebook is designed in such a way that it will encourage you to promote all the videos that you upload, but you need to rather spend money promoting the videos that are performing well organically.
If a social media post is performing well organically on social media channels then spending money advertising them further will help boost them even more. You will learn over time to identify the videos that are doing well through the likes, shares and comments that they are receiving from viewers. While this is a great way to identify the best performing videos, you should also be paying attention to metrics such as the average watch time of a video.
Currently, the average watch time for a video is 6 seconds, so the videos that viewers are watching for longer than 6 seconds are the videos that are doing well.
To access this data, follow these few steps:
- On your Facebook page click on ‘More’ and then choose ‘Publishing Tools’.
- Click ‘Video Library’ on the left-hand side of the page.
- You will be shown a list of all the videos you have posted.
- Click on a video and a pop-up window will appear that shows the analytics for that video, including the average watch time.
Don’t forget to create a radius around your business’s location and choose your demographic targeting when you are promoting your top-performing videos.
Retarget viewers with special offers
When promoting your videos on Facebook, gaining hundreds of views will definitely help boost your brand, but you still need to bring the people who have already engaged with your brand deeper into your digital business. Free offers such as guides or consultations are some good options to consider. The goal here is to draw these video viewers into your business to give you a sales opportunity.
You can set up a Facebook retargeting ad campaign in a few easy steps:
- Open ‘Facebook Ads Manager’ and click on the menu icon in the top left-hand corner of your screen. Once the main menu opens, click ‘All Tools’ and select ‘Audiences’ under ‘Assets’.
- Click on ‘Create Audience’ and select ‘Custom Audience’ from the drop-down menu.
- Select the ‘Video’ option.
- In the next window that opens, Facebook will ask you to define the audience you want to target.
- From the ‘Engagement’ drop-down menu, choose the length of time that this audience watched your video.
- After you’ve chosen the viewing length, click ‘Choose Videos’ to select the videos that this audience has engaged with.
- In the ‘Select By’ drop-down menu at the top of the window, select the Facebook Page option and choose the page that you posted the content to. Then select as many videos as you’d like to use.
- Click ‘Confirm’.
- Come up with a name for your audience then click ‘Create Audience’ in the lower right-hand corner of the window.
- You are now ready to go.
By setting this up, Facebook will only target the people who have watched the videos that you have selected when you created this audience.
Creating valuable content and targeting the right people at the right time in your area will enable your business to have a step ahead of your competitors. Many local businesses have ignored the potential of Facebook video advertising, so using this opportunity will offer you many benefits that other local businesses are missing out on.
Article Submitted By Community Writer