Go for an eco-friendly bathroom and do lessen your impact on the environment as well as your pockets. Here are some great ideas to make your bathroom a greener place.
Tips for an eco-friendly bathroom
- Conserve water – Water flows freely in the bathroom so try to conserve water and use as little of it as possible. Turn off the taps when not in use even for a little while, for example while brushing your teeth. Take showers instead of baths. Install low-flow shower heads and faucets. Fix the leaks as soon as they appear. A small leak can cost you up to 20 gallons of water and a large leak can cost you up to 100 gallons!
- Toilets – Toilets use up a lot of water so go for low-flow toilets that save you a lot of water per flush instead of going for the normal toilets that guzzle down a lot of water without necessity . Install a controllable flush handle and get a composting toilet.
- Green products – Always use eco-friendly products in your bathroom. Heaps of toilet paper is being used up in a lot of bathrooms around the world so think of all the pulp and all the trees used to manufacture them. Opt for recycled ones. Use a stylish moss-bath mat or one that is made of recycled materials like wine corks or beer bottle caps. You can go for eco-friendly materials in other aspects like installing a timber bathtub or a cork basin.Besides these , you can install eco-friendly urinals and fixtures in your bathroom which are available in some really cool designs –
- Multi-Functional Eco-Urinals – With the sink located just above the urinal, this sink allows you to pee and wash your hands at the sink and thus uses the same water to flush down .A genuine water saver.
- Water Saving Eco-Bath System – The design of this bath system allows the sink water to be connected to the toilet so that the water you use at the sink can be directly sent to the toilet and used for flushing purposes.
- Clench Control Faucets – With the Blue Whales clench control faucets, you can minimize water usage by controlling the flow of the water by clenching the shower-head with the strength of your hands. This is ideal for the parts of the body where you just need a gentle spray to clean up sometimes.
- Eco-Friendly Water faucets – There are so many designs available which are ultra-modern and stylish and are great to save water and reduce consumption, without compromising on the water flow.